The Publishers offer subscribers access to content or information not available to non-subscribing users, including discussion forums and, from time to time, other subscriber-only content.
If you are a subscriber to the email or website related services, you acknowledge that:
• you are solely responsible for the protection and confidentiality of any password or user ID that may be issued to you from time to time and you will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your password to any other person
• access to subscriber-only sections of the website is at the discretion of publisher, who has the right to add, remove or alter content you may contribute at any time in keeping with the aims of the site and the Publisher’s legal responsibilities. The Publisher also reserves the right to cancel a subscription without notice if, in the opinion of the Publisher, it has been used inappropriately.
The Publisher attempts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information contained in this web site. Where the material on the site is an official position of the Uniting Church, it is identified as such. Otherwise it should not be considered the official position of the church.
Use of the email and the website is at your risk. None of the Publisher’s affiliates or directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors makes any express or implied representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with the email or the website, its use, its content or any products or services (including the Publishers’ products or services) referred to in the email or on the website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
• Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the email or the website or their content (including third party material and advertisements on the email or the website), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us. The email and the website are designed for general interest only.
• Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
• Accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the email or the website. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the email and the website only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by the Publishers and your linking to any such site is at your own risk.
• The provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the website.
• Defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
You indemnify the Publishers, their affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or by us as a direct or indirect consequence of your accessing, using or transacting on this site or your attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms.
Copyright and intellectual property
The material on the email and the website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of the email and the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved, by the Publishers or their contributors.
You may not, without the prior written permission of the Publishers and the permission of any other relevant rights owners, broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of, or create a derivative work from, the email or the website for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on this site which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
No trade mark or logo (whether registered or otherwise) may be used without the prior, specific, written permission of the Publisher.
Links to The Uniting Justice
You are welcome to create links from your website to The Uniting Justice website. However, you must not use our trade marks or logos for this purpose unless you have the permission of the Publisher.