It was resolved that:
on behalf of the Uniting Church in Australia, to affirm that male and female are created in the image of God. Inherent in this affirmation is the acknowledgement that:
- each one of us has dignity and is of value;
- each one of us has a right to be welcomed and to participate within the community of God;
- we can celebrate the uniqueness of each individual and be encouraged to respect our differences;
- we allow opportunities for each individual to use their gifts within the community of faith;
- we use and hear language that helps us to feel included within the Church;
- we express our sexuality as the embodiment of God's creation in ways that honour God and honour each other, through right and just relationships.